Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Random Thought

Many years ago, when I was in grade school, I was watching The Swiss Family Robinson with a family of half a dozen or so friends of ours, homeschoolers. We reached the bit where the girl who you're still meant to think is a guy at that point is invited to sleep between the two brothers. S/he says s/he'd rather not. The oldest sister, who was four or five years older than I (and on whom I apparently had a crush--I was young enough that I remember very little) said, "Well, I wouldn't want to sleep between two boys."

To which I, thinking myself clever, responded, "Well I wouldn't want to sleep between two girls."

There was a rather mystifying complete silence.

As I grow older, I realize in more and more dimensions what I actually said.

It makes me laugh at night.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I HAVE slept between two girls.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Ethan said...

Ah. Well, thanks, now I don't have to try that. :P

Anan said...

Oh goodness... And what made you want to share this?

Ethan said...

Randomness, as the title implies. :P

Also, it's good therapy.