Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Kind of a Funny Story

So tonight my family and I saw this film. It's about a teenage boy who checks himself into a mental hospital. And, for anyone who has ever felt like doing this (read: probably everyone who has been in high school or college in the past ten years), I think it might be very cathartic. It's the kind of film that makes one laugh as much with joy as with humor; and the kind of film where bits of it run through one's mind for hours, maybe days afterwards. This is the kind of film that has the potential to change one's life. It's the kind of film that makes life seem far more liveable, and survivable. The kind of film that makes living and surviving seem worth it. If you get the chance, see it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I just saw this recently (though not consciously on your recommendation), and you're right, it is pretty awesome.

I love the little maps he draws. I just wish I had thought of that first...