Monday, November 07, 2011

The Weaver at the Loom

I was listening to the Weaver at the Loom--a group I found by accident on Grooveshark--while not really paying attention to the lyrics, until the song "Without Fear of Their Return" kind of grabbed me by the lapels. Like any really great song, it's incomplete without the lyrics, but like any great lyrics, it can stand as a poem on its own:

A golden moment's come to pass,
And it made a swift goodbye.
Waved its hand from left to right,
Saying bye, farewell, goodnight.
But it left me brave and bold,
Like the knights of ages past,
Leaving courage,
Like the dawn leaves dew upon the grass.

As morning glories bloom,
So do some things in life this way:
Rising early but well past noon,
They weaken die and fade.
But there's many perspective buds
Still clinging to the vine,
Waiting in patience
To show their glory at later times.

Oh I got what I wanted.
And I'll be afraid no more,
And face all these toxic things,
Because I have finally found my bravery.


Also, their EP, "I Was Seeking and I Found," contains five songs: "Buck Up, They're Coming.", "You Can't Escape Them;", "You Can't Evade Them.", "But You Can Enjoy Life Before And After,", and "Without Fear of their Return."

No comments: