Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back to School...

Well, I couldn't resist one last post.

A few days ago, I saw the movie The Great Debaters. There was a line therein that made me not mind going back to school (I didn't mind that much already, but it made me mind even less). One of the characters is kind of a waif, but he keeps ending up coming back to college. When one of his professors asks him why, he replies, "College is the only place you can read all day."

Hm. Never thought of that.

I mean, if you count class lectures as reading, and good lectures (in most subjects) are very akin to that, it's basically true. At home, I couldn't really read all day because I was doing family stuff, or whatever. Were I not in school, I'd be working, and that would take up my days. But now... yeah. I'm glad I was shown this now, rather than, say, four years on.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Let's see if you still have that view by summer.

~Robin, who can still read all day if she chooses. Too bad all those shiny things out the window keep distracting her...

Ethan said...

Lol. I anticipate that by summer, I'll still want to read all day, but I'll want to read pulp. :P

Robin said...

True, you need something to make you forget and squash up all the big important stuff you learned this year, don't you?

Wait a second....
you learned important things this year?? Really??

Wow...

Ethan said...

<_<

I like how your stream of consciousness defeats itself. :P

Robin said...

.....

I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not.